Who: Strategic thinkers with at least 1-2 years of experience working in applied economics, business, public policy, project management or planning. Master’s Degree preferred.
What: Fourth Economy is looking for a new member to join our dynamic team of consultants. We are especially looking for individuals that are interested in advancing innovative models of community and economic development, and developing more effective strategies for regional economic development. Our work encompasses a variety of issues/topics (job growth/decline, talent attraction, affordable housing, equitable development, sustainable development) that intersect with communities and economies at different scale (local to regional).
Fourth Economy Consulting serves a diverse set of clients, from community-based non-profits to state economic development agencies, and we are looking for someone who is open to being intellectually challenged and inspired to be creative. We learn something new with every engagement and revel in our client successes. We are looking for people with a range of qualifications and interests including:
- Facilitation skills – small and large groups; design thinking approach is a focus
- Interview experience – ability to get beyond the basic responses
- Entrepreneurial spirit – looking to solve challenges
- Ability to work independently and to partner effectively with colleagues and clients
- Comfort with finding and using quantitative and qualitative data
- Strong oral and writing skills – often including translation of data
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and be flexible in workload prioritization
- Comfort with tools for project management, data analysis, presentation and communication.
How much: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Fourth Economy offers a flexible work environment with opportunities for professional development and meaningful involvement in business development for all employees.
Where: Our office is located in Pittsburgh’s North Side in the Chateau neighborhood.
Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Tell us how you think you can help us. Applications will not be considered without a cover letter.
About Fourth Economy: Fourth Economy Consulting is a small economic development consulting firm – we just celebrated our 7th anniversary. We envision a world where people are empowered to be co-creators of a sustainable future. We equip change agents with the tools to build better communities and stronger economies. Our clients include community and economic development organizations, local and state governments, innovation intermediaries, colleges, universities, and businesses. For more information on the types of work we do please see our project portfolio.