Who: We’re looking for a Data Analyst with at least 1 – 2 years of experience who will focus on quantitative data collection, research and analysis to support client projects.
What: Fourth Economy Consulting serves a diverse set of clients, from community-based non-profits to state economic development agencies, and as a result, we are looking for someone who is open to being intellectually challenged and inspired to be creative. Our projects often require some level of analysis related to the characteristics and trends of commercial, residential, and industrial markets, as well as specific industries, occupations, and/or community demographics. We commonly use traditional data sources (e.g. Census, BLS, etc.), but we are also tasked to solve problems that don’t use standard data sources or methodologies. We learn something new with every engagement and revel in our client successes. We are looking for people with a range of qualifications and interests including:
- Entrepreneurial spirit – looking to solve challenges
- Ability to work independently and to partner effectively with colleagues and clients
- Interview experience – getting beyond the basic responses
- Comfort with finding and using quantitative and qualitative data
- Strong oral and writing skills – often including translation of data
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and be flexible in workload prioritization
- Interest community & economic development, environmental issues, public policy and/or related issues
- Capability to use and learn different tools for data collection and analysis
How much: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Fourth Economy offers a flexible work environment with opportunities for professional development and meaningful involvement in business development for all employees.
Where: Our office is located in Pittsburgh’s North Side in the Chateau neighborhood.
Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Tell us how you think you can help us. Applications will not be considered without a cover letter.
About Fourth Economy: Fourth Economy Consulting is a small economic development consulting firm – we just celebrated our 7th anniversary. We envision a world where people are empowered to be co-creators of a sustainable future. We equip change agents with the tools to build better communities and stronger economies. Our clients include community and economic development organizations, local and state governments, innovation intermediaries, colleges, universities, and businesses. For more information on the types of work we do please see our project portfolio.