Employment Opportunity – Director
Who: Strategic thinkers with at least 5 years of experience leading and managing complex projects in economic development, public policy, project management or planning.
- Experience managing multiple projects at the strategic and operational levels, ensuring client satisfaction, supervising and developing team members.
- Ability to manage existing relationships and help to generate new business.
- Interest in domestic travel for client and business development meetings.
- Client facing experience required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
We are especially looking for individuals that are interested in advancing innovative models of community and economic development, and developing more effective strategies for regional economic development to join our team of dynamic consultants. Our work encompasses a variety of issues/topics (job growth/decline, talent attraction, civic infrastructure, affordable housing, equitable development, sustainable development) that intersect with communities and economies at different scales (neighborhood to regional).
Fourth Economy Consulting works nationally serving a diverse set of clients, from community-based non-profits to state economic development agencies, and we are looking for someone who is open to being intellectually challenged and inspired to be creative. We learn something new with every engagement and revel in our client successes. We are looking for people with a range of qualifications and interests including:
- Team management – experience managing project teams is a must
- Facilitation skills – small and large groups; design thinking approach is a focus
- Interview experience – ability to get beyond the basic responses
- Entrepreneurial spirit – looking to solve challenges
- Ability to work independently and to partner effectively with colleagues and clients
- Comfort with finding and using quantitative and qualitative data
- Strong oral and writing skills – often including translation of data
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and be flexible in workload prioritization
- Comfort with tools for project management, data analysis, presentation and communication.
How much: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Fourth Economy offers a flexible work environment with opportunities for professional development and meaningful involvement in business development for all employees.
Where: Our office is located in Pittsburgh’s North Side in the Chateau neighborhood and we work throughout the country – mostly in the Midwest, Northeast, New England and recently South.
Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Tell us how you think you can help us and what you are most proud of in your career. Applications will not be considered without a cover letter.
About Fourth Economy: Fourth Economy Consulting is a small economic development consulting firm – we just celebrated our 8th anniversary. We envision a world where people are empowered to be co-creators of a sustainable future. We equip change agents with the tools to build better communities and stronger economies. Our clients include community and economic development organizations, local and state governments, innovation intermediaries, colleges, universities, and businesses. For more information on the types of work we do please see our project portfolio.